Wyprodukowany i wyemitowany przez BBC dokument „Days Of Our Lives” został wydany jesienią zeszłego roku na DVD/Blu-Ray.
Wydawnictwo zawiera mnóstwo niepublikowanych materiałów – których nie mogliśmy zobaczyć w TV – w postaci bonusów, takich jak nowe wersje teledysków z alternatywnymi ujęciami, kulisy kręcenia klipów czy fragmenty niewydanych koncertów. Wszystkie rarytasy możemy znaleźć na YouTube.
Bonusy z DVD/Blu-Ray (opisy z QOL):
- Seven Seas Of Rhye 2011: A compilation of all four Top Of The Pops and Rainbow Live performances from 1974 – all unseen.
- Killer Queen 2011: A compilation of two Top of The Pops performances, one the familiar 1974 Christmas Special, the other – discovered in the late British comedian Dick Emery’s private collection, hasn’t been seen since 1974, the original master tape wiped from the BBC archives.
- Somebody To Love 2011: This is a new edit of the video using the four takes shot on the day, most of which has never before been seen.
- We Are The Champions 2011: In 1977, cameras filmed Queen recording a new version of the song for the promo video. This video shows the band performing and mixing this unreleased version in two live takes. An instrumental version of this closed Part One of ‘Days of our Lives’. Here for the first time the video can be seen in its entirety.
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love 2011: A new edit of the video compiled from the rushes including outtakes and unseen angles.
- Under Pressure 2011: A new video intercutting Queen’s first live performance of the song in Montreal 81 and Queen + David Bowie at the Freddie Mercury Tribute.
- Radio Ga Ga 2011: This new video includes unseen colour footage from the 1984 Radio Ga Ga video shoot plus rushes and outtakes.
- Queen – The Beginning: A detailed look at how Queen formed in 1971. Covering Smile, finding John Deacon, and the early struggles of the band.
- Queen On Tour 1974-75: Featuring Queen at the Rainbow and unseen footage of the band touring Japan for the first time. Includes excerpts of ‘Now I’m Here’, ‘Killer Queen’ and ‘In The Lap Of The Gods’ live.
- Bohemian Rhapsody: Brian reveals how John Deacon made a cut in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ for the record company, only to be dismissed by Freddie: “Either it’s released in it’s entirety or not at all!.”
- Working Together: The Band discuss their working relationship, including unheard archive of Queen having a ‘creative discussion!’
- Leaving John Reid: An in-depth account of how the band left manager John Reid and set up Queen Productions – plus the revelation that Freddie was not sober during the making of ‘Spread Your Wings’/’We Will Rock You’ in Roger’s back garden.
- Don’t Stop Me Now: Brian and Roger discuss ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ and the ‘Guitar Version’ discarded by Freddie.
- Flash Gordon: A short sequence on the making of Queen’s first film soundtrack, ‘Flash Gordon’, plus an alternate promo video.
- Making Videos: The band discuss the video making process, featuring lots of unseen outtakes.
- Scrabble Wars: A hilarious sequence about Queen and their love of Scrabble. You will just have to watch!
- From Magic to The Miracle: In the three years between ‘A Kind Of Magic’ and ‘The Miracle’, the members of Queen went through some life changing experiences in their working and personal lives. This chapter sheds light on what went on behind closed doors.
- Going Slightly Mad: The Making of Innuendo: In 1991 Queen hit the charts with a No.1 album and single, ‘Innuendo.’ Creatively the band were reinvigorated, their material better than ever, but beneath the surface, they all had to face the fact that Freddie was seriously ill and time was running out.
- Made In Heaven: Roger and Brian talk about the making of the last Queen album, ‘Made In Heaven’, working with Freddie in his final weeks, as well and working with the material he had recorded after he had passed away and the emotional distress it caused.
- Return To Imperial: Brian returns to Imperial College and shows us around the college where he and Roger first met, formed Smile and ultimately Queen.
Bonusy dodane wyłącznie do japońskiej edycji:
- Promo videos: Teo Torriatte (2005) / I Was Born To Love You (2004)
- First visit to Japan 1975: Japanese Tea Ceremony / Press Conference
- Live at Budokan 1975: Now I’m Here / Killer Queen / In The Lap Of The Gods
- Live at the Seibu Lions Stadium 1982: Love Of My Life / We Will Rock You
- Freddie Mercury: The Official 65th Birthday Video (2011)